It’s a Sunday morning, and I have been up now for hours. One of my most favorite rituals – attending sunrise service on the National Mall.
Honestly, there is nothing like it in the world. Something majestic about the sun rising over the Washington Monument and the Capitol in its wings.
The city is quiet and still that time of the morning, and you have an opportunity to watch the ducks hunting for fish in the Potomac.
Now, I was not alone. I suspect there were close to 6,000 people watching the sunrise with me – all looking to begin tomorrow different than yesterday. Even though the weather was only 45 degrees, there was a warmth that is always certain on this day.
I guess it is time for homemade blueberry buttermilk pancakes and then off to a traditional Italian diner with dear friends. (for those who do not know, I am half Italian—so this part is important) I love doing the over stuffed Italian meal to match my soul on Easter.
Thanks to those who have been passing around the National Anthem video. I see we passed 100,000 views! Hopefully, it will inspire people to give a little to organizations like that one.
Happy Easter everyone. Blessings and love to you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment